Many of salesforce developers are migrating from Salesforce Classic to Lightning. Here is what we build our first lightning component.
- Basic knowledge about HTML.
- Basic knowledge about Salesforce.
- You can build your own lightning component.
- Kick start your career in lightning.
- You will get to know about lightning application.
- How you can use lightning component in VF page or not.
How to Build:
- Login into your environment and go to Developer Console.
- Click on the file menu in the menu bar, and click new lightning component.
- Name your Component as “HelloWorld”
- Click Submit.
- Enter the text “Hello Lightning”
- You can not view this lightning component directly, to view this lightning component you can create a lightning component tab, include this component to lightning app.
- Here we will be creating a lightning app, to view this component.
- Click on File menu in menu bar.
- Click New –> Lightning Application.
- Name it as “HelloWorldApp”
- Click Submit.(If you want to use this lightning app in VF page or outside aura framework, then only you need to select “Lightning Out Dependency App” checkbox.)
- Add your lightning component in lightning App, and then save your application.
- To preview lightning application click Preview button on right side top of the screen, and here your output is to you on the screen.
- Your first lightning component is ready.
Experienced Salesforce consultant who has been delivering solutions build with the lightning framework. Helping people through this blog to learn the lightning framework.