I released the 2nd version of the app which I built half a year ago. Previous version of the app had some limitations like you can’t control the number of columns on edit product layout and the field which you want to carried over in new opportunity.
Few Salesforce customers have been using it for last 6 months and they were asking me to provide the ability to control over the columns. After working it for a couple of days over the weekend, I was able to create a new packaged version with the new features which are below –
- Add/Remove column on the screen where you updates the products.
- Users can delete a product which they don’t want in the cloned opportunity.
- You can update the cloned opportunity details as it shows you opportunity in edit mode after cloning process.
- It uses the out-of-the-box page-layouts so you will see all the fields which are on opportunity layout.
- If you don’t want to clone any product then you can simply click on the “Cancel” button on the 2nd screen. It will clone only opportunity record.
First screen will display the cloned opportunity details as displayed here –
Second screen where you can update product details –
How to setup
You just need to add the quick action on the opportunity layout. Lightning quick action name is “Clone With Products”.
You can find it on the Git Repository with package installation URLs.